Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Waylon's First Memorial Day Weekend!






We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Friday night Nathan and Waylon took me on a date to eat dinner at a great Latin Restaurant in down town San Antonio. It was so nice to have both of my handsome men out on a date. Nathan used to be the one that got all the looks from the girls now Waylon has taken over. He is quite the attention grabber. Saturday Nathan let me sleep in and had breakfast tacos for me when I got up ( one of my favorite things). We hung out most of the day at home then went to Nathans uncles house for a house warming party. It was nice to get to show Waylon off again. Sunday we stayed at home most of the day. It was raining here on and off all day but Nathan could not wait to get Waylon's new water toy up, so even in the cool drizzly weather Nathan got Waylon in his water matt and Nathan grilled out. We stayed up late and watched a movie and got to sleep in again on Monday. Nathan's family all came over on Monday to celebrate Memorial day we played outside and Nathan grilled out. My Uncle Jeff and Aunt Cindy came by the house on their way home to Houston to see Waylon for the first time. It was so great to see them and get to catch up a little. Jeff really knew how to make Waylon laugh... It was nice to get to share Waylon's first memorial day with friends and family. We had a great time getting to celebrate Memorial Day with Waylon. I am hoping to start some traditions with Waylon like I had when I was a child. We always went to decorate graves of our family members on this day and although I loved getting to see my cousins I hated having to visit graves. Now that I am older I miss that tradition. Although, I don't want anyone else to die I want Waylon to get to experience going to loved ones graves and pay respect to them. Maybe next year we will make it back to Oklahoma to decorate graves with our grandparents but one tradition for sure is that we will always be with family and friends, grill out and play in the water....
The pictures are of the most beautiful sunsets we get to see out our back deck every night. A beautiful rainbow God gave us on Memorial day and Waylon getting to play in his new water matt I got him... It will be more fun for him the older he gets but we still had fun playing in the water with him and it really wore him out....

No comments: