Today is my Husbands Birthday! I am so Thankful God has given him to this world for 30something years and to me for 7 years. He is the most wonderful man in the world and my life is so much better with him in it.
For his birthday this year I wanted to take him Chicago to see a Cubs game at Wrigley Field. This is his favorite team and a place he always dreamed about going. I am bad at surprises so on Fathers Day I gave him the plane tickets and said all the rest would be your Birthday gift. We got to see 2 games at the most beautiful stadium against one of baseballs biggest rivals Chicago Cubs vs the St. Louis Cardinals. We had a 6am flight on Friday morning and got to the Windy City around 9am just enough time to get our hotel room at the legendary Congress Plaza and take the train down to Wrigleyville to wait in line for almost 3 hours before the game started. We had bleacher seats for the first game, they are in the outfield and the best place to see a Cubs game and seats in the stadium the second game on Sat. Since most of you reading the blog are women I will not boar you with sports talk but they were great games. Our hotel looked over Buckingham fountain, the Navy Pier, Grant Park and Downtown Chicago. It was beautiful! We ate great deep dish pizza, danced in Grant Park ( my favourite), road the Farris Wheel at the Navy Pier and did some shopping on the Mag.Mile. It was one of the best trips we have taken and it was not even supposed to be for me. If you ever get a chance to go to Chicago do so, in my opinion it is the best city in the US!
Thanks for letting me be apart of your birthday for 7 years Nate, I love You!
No comments:
Post a Comment