Monday, November 2, 2009

Waylons First Halloween!






We had a wonderful First Halloween with our little Monkey! On Friday night we wanted to do our 8th annual pumpkin carving contest so we let Waylon paint his pumpkin instead of use a knife (my idea)... and it did not go over as well as I had pictured. I got a craft pumpkin so we could have it every year to remember and some finger paint. Well the finger paint hardly showed up on the pumpkin and the first thing Waylon did after I put his hand in the paint was put the paint right in his mouth... for some reason he did not mind the taste because he kept doing it.... I had pictured this 10 month old baby painting his entire pumpkin orange and making eyes and noes and mouth but that is not how it works... go figure... He did a beautiful job and I will treasure that sweet pumpkin forever...
On Saturday morning we got up cooked a big breakfast and just hung out. Waylon took a two hour morning and afternoon nap, very unlike him... This is when Nathan and I got to carve our pumpkins,, Yes, Nathan won AGAIN! He is so good at carving pumpkins...We then went down to the park in our neighborhood and Nathan grilled hot dogs for all our friends. We had a pinata, fun deserts and a great hay ride.... Nathan and I decided to dress up as Monkey Wranglers,,, we did not have to buy anything and I just made name tags for us. It was cute and fun to get to kinda dressed up. We came back to the house to trick or treat at a few of our neighbors then pass out candy at our house. We had some friends over and Waylon stayed up till almost 10. He slept most of the day on Sunday, I think just recovering from the long weekend.
It was a wonderful first Halloween with our sweet monkey... We will always remember this one!

No comments: