
Yes, I am a horrible mother. I wanted to post pictures of Prairie at each week for the first month and I got a little busy so I am playing catch up. Last Wednesday she turned two weeks old. We took her to get a check up and weighed and she is growing really fast. Last Friday she weighed 6lbs 8oz. So she has gained all of her baby weight plus a few oz back. I keep comparing her to Waylon and she is so much different. She eats a lot and poops a lot. I really never remember changing this many dirty diaper with Waylon but she is going through them like crazy. I think I may have to switch to the cheap diapers to save money... I am also contributing the fact that I am now back in my skinny jeans and only 5lbs away from my pre-prego weight to the fact that she is sucking the fat right off of me... no, I am not complaining at all it is just amazing that I was not in my skinny jeans with Waylon until he was 5 weeks old and I fit into the same jeans when she was just 5 days old. I really thought it would take longer with her although I did not gain any more weight with her than I did him but still just thought it would take longer to shed.... I guess it also helps that I am chasing him around a lot too.....whatever the case, I love it!
Prairie is the best baby ever... I know I said that about Waylon and I really did think he was a great baby but Prairie is a GREAT baby. She sleeps about 23 hours a day, no kidding... she sleeps so much we are thinking she may have a sleeping disorder... She wakes up to eat about every 4-5 hours and then goes right back to sleep. We all gather around her when her eyes are open because we do not get to see them that much... She is getting better and starting to stay awake a little more but she is still a marathon sleeper.... everyone who knows me says it is no sup rise she sleeps so much because I LOVE to sleep... The other day I ran the vacuum in her room while she was sleeping in her bed and she never moved. I had to check to make sure she was still breathing because I could not believe it. She sleeps though Waylon screaming and banging all his toys around. It is so nice that she does not have to have peace and quite to sleep because she would never be able to sleep. My Mom said I was the same way..
She only cries when she is hungry and it is just for a short time. She is still so tiny, still in preemie clothes... I went to get her Easter Dress at this really sweet baby boutique the other day and when I got it home it looked like Waylon could wear it, even though it is new born.... So I did find a preemie web site and got her a sweet dress from there for her to debut on her first Easter! I LOVE having a girl, I love putting bows in her hair and getting her all dressed up. It will be even more fun when she can fit in all her bigger clothes...
She is taking big girl baths now and is not real into them... she fell asleep the other night while she was getting a bath..., her umbilical cord fell off when she was just a week old. I was changing her diaper in the middle of the night and noticed it was off. I looked in her diaper and could not find it so just figured I would find it in the morning. Later in the night I felt something scraping my leg under the covers and when I reached down to get whatever it was it was her umbilical cord... Kinda gross but just one of those being a mom things and things you think you would never say...
It took Waylon's almost 4 weeks to fall off so we were so surprised when she lost hers so quickly. She is sleeping in the moses basket by our bed and getting up every 4-5 hours to eat...
Waylon LOVES her... He has a hard time keeping his hands off of her. He loves to give her kisses this is where he lays his head on her... He is getting to be much sweeter with her and touching her more gently.... I love to see him love on her. I know they are going to grow up so close and be the best of friends... We are so very thankful Prairie has been such a great baby. Without her being so calm and cool I don't know how any of us would have made the transition so peacefully. We are so very thankful to God for this beautiful, sweet and peaceful baby girl...
No comments:
Post a Comment