Friday, June 19, 2009

My Dad AKA Big Guy



Today marks the 4th anniversary that my Dad passed away. He went to be with his Heavenly Father on Fathers Day 4 years ago and there is not a day that goes by where I do not think of him and miss him terribly...It honestly seems like it was just yesterday Although I miss him I am so thankful to have had his example, love and grace.
He was the best Dad any one could ask for and the things he taught me are still daily thoughts of mine. I really wish he were here to see Sweet Waylon and I really wish he were here to see what a wonderful Dad Nathan is. He would be so proud. I know he is all around us. There are always constant reminders of him and we frequently bring up Dad/Big Guy stories. One of my personal favorite is when we don't have time or it is way past time to give Waylon a bath and we just rub him down with a wet wipe... that is called his Big Guy bath. Waylon also has his Big Guy's sweaty hands and feet, kinda gross but so sweet. Waylon will always know who his Big Guy is even if it is only through pictures, videos and stories. I pray to God that I was able to have my Dad for 25 years and I pray I can be as great a parent to Waylon as my Dad was to be.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Very sweet. We miss him, too! You're right, you were lucky to have such a great dad!