WOW! I never thought it would come this fast!
Waylon had his 2 month well baby check up last week and he is a growing boy. He weighs 11 pounds even and is 23 1/2 inches long... long way coming from that tiny 6lb boy...
The doc said he is doing wonderful and we are so thankful.
I have to say the past two months have been some of the most challenging but the most wonderful days of my life. Waylon has changed our lives so much but for the best. I don't think Nathan and I could be any more proud of how wonderful our baby is. Waylon is the BEST baby. He is so calm and cool. He is on a good routine of sleeping, eating, playing. He will only cry or get upset if he is hungry or very sleepy. He sleeps anywhere from 3-6 hours a night, wakes us to eat and be changed then will go right back to sleep. He still wakes up with his Dad in the morning to start their day together while I get a solid hour of sleep knowing that Nathan is taking good care of him. He brings him back to me to eat and then we sleep a little while longer in bed. When we get up for the morning Waylon is all smiles and coos... I love this time of the day. We will talk and sing back and forth then he is ready to play on his mat for a while. He loves looking at himself in the mirror, Nathan says he is just like his uncle Matthew, cant stop looking at himself in the mirror and I say it is hard when you are so good looking.. He loves kicking and swing his hands back and forth at all of his toys on his mat.He is starting to make the cutest coos and hollers I love hearing him find his voice. He loves his fist, Waylon has always had an infatuation with his hands up by his face or in his mouth and it is even more so now.
He is starting to really recognize Nathan and I, it is an amazing feeling to see your baby looking at you when there are other people around and he knows it is you he is looking at. Nathan is still such an amazing father, Waylon and he have already established such a strong bond and it is so amazing to see them interact together. Nathan is loving that Waylon is getting bigger and starting to play a little. He still cant get Waylon to laugh when he horse bites him but that will come soon enough. Nathan got to take him fishing for the first time last week and can not wait till he gets big enough to use his own fishing pole. We are still going to all Nathans soccer games and cheering for the panthers. Waylon loves to listen to all the sounds and look right into the lights on the field, this might not be the best thing for him but he cant seem to look anywhere else. Waylon is fitting very well into his 3 month clothing and is in a size 1 diaper. He loves to sleep on his stomach, I know it is against all rules to let them to do this but it is really the only way he will get a good nap during the day. He loves taking walks in his stroller during the evening. He stares into the sky for the first 5 minuets then is sound asleep. He loves his Granna, she spent the night with us to let us sleep in and took such good care of him. He loves his MeeMee and Granddaddy, it is so much fun for Nathan and I to see how much his grandparents love him. Waylon loves being held and I love holding him. It is very hard for me to put him down and I will never regret that I held him all day long. Waylon loves taking rides in the car which is good because we are on the go a lot. He is very good eating out at restaurants, although I have gotten very good at eating with one hand. He is also a very good shopping buddy another good thing because we do a lot of this together. He still loves his bathes, I think he could stay in the bath a lot longer than we keep him in for but we get worn out leaning over the tub. He is starting to get most of the hair back that he lost after he was born. After his bath we lotion him up put him in his bed clothes and comb his hair, Nathan gets to choose what style he wants it, we like the spike the best. His eyes are still a dark gray color. We just knew he would come out with a full head of hair and dark brown eyes like Nathan and I both have but we have a semi bald baby with blue/gray eyes. Our night time routine then puts us one the couch where we are sucked into watching reality tv, Waylon falls asleep in our arms on the couch and we just stare and admire how beautiful he is. Every day seems to be getting better and better with Waylon. We love him so very much and are so very thankful we have had him for the past 2 months. God is good but he really out did himself by giving us Waylon.
Here's to the Best and the most Beautiful Baby in the World....
2 comments:
He is precious!
Oh my goodness Sara, I can't believe how much bigger he's gotten just since I saw him like 2 weeks ago!! He's getting some meat on his bones. He is just precious, and cuter all the time! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment