




I have meant to post this for a while but a few weeks ago we got to take Waylon to his first University of Texas Football game. We all had a blast! I love college football. I love getting up in the morning watching collage game day and all the random stories about the teams that are playing during the day. I normally cook a big breakfast and we snack all day and lay around watching football. Every year I try to get Nathan tickets to see the Longhorns play live. It is a blast to go to the game as well. I was born a sooner fan but I married an longhorn so I am now jaded.. I got Nathan and I tickets for his birthday and found out two days before the game, thanks to Kimmie, that we would need a ticket for a baby. I called several times to make sure and sure enough we had to have a ticket for Waylon. A 9 month old who could not sit in a seat if he wanted has to pay for a full ticket... Nathan has an old friend that was able to give us a ticket at last min. thank goodness because the game was sold out. We will remember in the future that an hour before the game you can get a $70 scalped ticket for $5..... We parked by the state capitol and walked threw all the tailgating before the game. It was HOT to say the least... 96 degrees out side and about 10,000 degrees inside the stadium... Waylon got to experience many first during the game, seeing George Straight, the Long horn, loud band, eating a corn dog, cotton candy and snow cone... It was so hot we had to cool off with a "just ice" snow cone that I still had to pay $6 for... not bitter at all... We left the blow out of a game early due to the heat and had a lot of fun playing in front of the Capitol on the beautiful grass. It was a wonderful day and we loved to get to take Waylon to his first UT game. We are hoping that in about 18 years we will be back there cheering on our #13 kicker Waylon Payne... Hook Em'
1 comment:
Oh no!!! You didn't tell me that you guys are Texas fans! sigh. My husband's an Aggie. We live in College Station. I'm raising a brood of little Aggies.
Not sure this blogging friendship is going to work out.
:-) only kidding, only kidding!
Did you see that we found out we're having another boy?! Yay for boys!
Post a Comment